A Response to the Right
© Copyright by Steve Kangas, editor.
Welcome to the web site that stands up for liberalism. More than ever before,
opponents of liberalism are broadcasting pseudo-science, demagogic politics,
crank economics, and think-tank propaganda in easily parrotted
sound bites. This site is a gateway to an entire arsenal of liberal studies,
statistics and state-of-the-art arguments that refute their myths.
Form your own opinions from credible sources such as mainstream scholars and
the National Academy of Sciences, and benefit from a more complete picture
than you normally find on the mass market.
- Help Fight the Right! -- Support Liberalism Resurgent in the fight against corporate tyranny.
- The Short FAQ on Liberalism -- A quick but
extensive overview of the tenets of liberalism, designed to correct the many
myths propagated by its critics.
- The Long FAQ on Liberalism -- An
encyclopedia of liberal arguments, debunking nearly 120 common political myths
with the latest studies, statistics and arguments.
- The Reagan Years: A Statistical
Overview -- Over 150 charts debunking the Reagan Myth and supply-side
economics. Includes an in-depth statistical comparison of the United States
to other rich (and more liberal) countries, showing how the U.S. comes in
last on almost every important list.
- The Great Depression: Its Causes
and Cure -- Includes a detailed timeline of the Roaring 20s and the Great Depression,
rebutting the myth that government intervention was the cause for
America's worst economic disaster.
- The Origins of the Overclass -- Reveals why the richest 1 percent have exploded ahead since 1975, with the help of the New Right, Corporate America and, surprisingly, the CIA.
- A Timeline of CIA Atrocities -- This history of the CIA will shock you, and have you calling for instant reform.
- The Real Significance of the Year 2000
-- It's not just a meaningless turning over of the odometer. Check out the daunting challenges and problems of the
- Income Inequality and Social Problems
-- Harvard and Berkeley prove the correlation! Their studies of income inequality
in all 50 states showed a strong association to mortality rates, crime, poor
educational outcomes, substance abuse, etc. An important read.
- Activism in Three Easy Steps -- And
you thought fighting the good fight was hopeless! This essay describes a super-quick and
efficient strategy for political activism for those who already lead busy and
- Government Success Stories
and Free-Market Failures -- For those who think markets are magical. Read about
the success of Eisenhower's interstate highway program, and the Ford Pintos that exploded
- "Why Socialism?" by Albert Einstein -- An
indictment of capitalism by the 20th century's first long-haired leftist.
- Steve's Ultimate Reading List for Liberals
-- The best books in my library of hundreds.
- Favorite Quotes -- Over 200 of my favorite
quotes on politics, science, religion, and many other topics.
- Liberal Reasons Not to Celebrate
Christmas -- Agree or disagree, the following reasons are well-supported and will
cause you to consider Christmas in a whole new light.
- A Glossary of Political and Economic Terms -- A
glossary for terms both common and not. Ever
wonder what the difference between "socialism" and "communism" is?
- Historical Economic
Statistics -- A one-stop reference source for the most frequently
used statistics in the debate.
- Links to Other Political Sites, Version 2 -- My new, updated and
expanded list of links.
Links to Other Political Sites, Version 1 -- My old list of links, which
some may prefer.
- Credits, Raves and Raspberries -- The readers'
response to this website, including awards, critiques and a credit list of all those
who helped improve this site.
I welcome all comments and suggestions for this webpage. Send in your messages to me at
email@example.com. Read also Help Fight the Right! -- Support Liberalism Resurgent.
© Copyright 1996 by Steve Kangas. Text can be quoted freely for
non-commercial purposes only, with proper attribution.
You are guest number